You may have never heard of peppermint oil before. However, we are sure that you have probably drink mint tea. Do you remember how fresh it tastes and how much it helps digestion?
Benefits of peppermint oil for pain relief
Peppermint essential oil is great for relieving some types of pain:
- Muscle pain: If you have fibromyalgia, back problems, or stiffness, peppermint oil will soothe the pain. You can apply it by giving yourself a gentle massage.
- Joint pain: Peppermint oil can also help with arthritis and bursitis. If you apply it to the affected area, it will relieve discomfort.
- Headache: Headache or migraine is very irritating and can deprive a person of strength. Apply peppermint oil on the forehead and temples, massage the area and you will reduce the pain.
Peppermint for halitosis
Some people suffer from halitosis, which causes bad breath. This makes them very insecure, and even if they use candy to hide the smell, nothing seems to work.
Fortunately, mint is a natural option that can help.
The best way to use peppermint essential oil to treat this problem is to make homemade toothpaste from it.
Alternatively, you can use it to rinse your mouth.
Benefits of peppermint oil for skin
Do you suffer from inflammation, eczema, or rashes? Some people have extremely sensitive skin, so anything they use can cause a reaction. This essential oil can help.
- Psoriasis and eczema: apply the oil on the skin until completely absorbed. This will help soothe the disorder and bring a very pleasant feeling of freshness.
- Rash: Whether caused by an allergic reaction or contact with a harmful plant, peppermint oil cools the area and soothes unbearable itching.
- Acne: Peppermint oil has antimicrobial properties, so it is ideal for treating disorders such as acne.
- Sunburn: Peppermint oil also moisturizes the skin. So, if you apply it to the burn, it will help soothe the skin, relieve pain and cool the area.
Mint is a helper for the digestive system
You probably already know that mint tea can help with digestion. But did you know that peppermint essential oil works the same way? You can take it in capsules or add a drop of oil to tea and infusion.
However, it does not just help with indigestion. It can also help with bloating, it can be used to treat irritable bowel syndrome.
Be sure to talk to your doctor before using it in this condition!
Picture Credit: Pexels